Thursday, July 21, 2011

Another thing I do

 Along with sewing and a love of the visual I have always drawn and am happy with about any medium although the soft willow charcoal has its certain charm ink pens and Aquarelle (water soluble pencils) are my tried and true favorites.

My themes are usually people and they have gone through one metamorphose after another. I do find however themes of loneliness or solitude reappear I do not see either state negative I find it can feed the soul re energise and refuel me...another constant is humans embracing and happy families.

These are two of my favorite images they are framed beautifully although this is not shown and do illustrate isolation beautifully to me, they are painted on small canvas boards and I used oil paints - my first try. After they were complete I took some lessons in oil painting but preferred my own methods.

This image MY VIEW FROM THE MOON was inspired by friend of mine.


This is more a self portrait

CLARA TAKES ON THE WORLD











I must have been feeling brave that day.
A favorite style and image of mine based on friendship is the following its a hand drawn collage featuring text, painted and refined digitally - but enjoy creating in a hands on way.

MATILDA AND SCARLETT


Then there are the love and hugs as mushy as it gets
TARRED WITH THE SAME BRUSH
AUTUMN IN YOUR ARMS is a part of a series of vintage inspired works that can be seen and purchased as cards and prints here THAT CERTAIN KIND OF CHARM 


and here is a new kind of theme coming through another palette.


COME ALONG LITTLE ONE
I still love to draw and its mostly for myself, to relax - completely, I love the smell of paper, the ink, the pencil sharpening the dirty paint water the mess the drips, I even enjoy the cleaning up afterwards, there is little that comes close to that sort of quiet meditation - its a good kind of solitude.

But we all love company.

LONNY AND SPROCKET




For a broader overview you can see the entire portfolio here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your work - superb!

Anonymous said...

I really liked the article, and the very cool blog