Wednesday, May 23, 2012

:::What Was the Question?::: Desire to Attire!:::

The question I am going to pose may seem trite but it is actually very telling and can be surprisingly revealing.

A not often asked question provides a plethora of open information and most people have the answer at the ready despite being pretty unaware of the potent answer.

I have tried asking people I have known for a long time and thought I knew well and am often bewildered by their response.

I am a trained Fashion Designer with over 20 years experience in the business and have made many a bespoke item for clients.

So now I ask - if what would be your dream outfit? 'Dream' being the operative word - anything!


I have been knocked over by answers provided with much enthusiasm and detail and the answers were rarely standard. One short stout aging woman resembling a barrel wanted a tight red mini with a plunging neckline. One man wanted to be a knight, another young guy wanted to sport a top hat and tails and yet another guy to be sprayed silver and wear evening gloves and a sequin tube dress and yes he is straight.

Usually designer names never ever enter into it. The feel of the fabric the colour and shoes might.

So what might you wear to your own delight?

I have been lucky enough to be able to design and make myself pretty much anything I have wanted over the years which included some retrospectively 'daring' looks...ahem can we move on and never mentions the quasi Jeanie outfit I wore in 1987 to the Fashion Design Council event at the Palais Theater...yeah I rocked the full pony tail hair piece to the waist and all - oh well I was creative and it was the 80's so its all very much ok. Although I am kind of relieved I don't have photos.

Some people dig uniforms! I would be happy to rock this look any day of the week I mean these are power trippin' foxy ladies.

Now we all like uniforms... these are super supremo!



As a little girl this film and to some point now this film titillated and inspired me no end as did anything about trapese . I mean come on who doesn't want to be in on this action? Sequined corset sailing bravely through the air - God Yeah! Tony Curtis, Gina Lollobrigida and Burt Lancaster I mean look at these people - wow!
So go ahead ask your friends, ask some men, ask your Mum -  I assure you you will be surprised!
It all links to different things its not just about the Attire.  What do you desire as your definitive attire?

No comments: