Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Day Three Phuket Paradise

Morning coffee here at one of the infinity pool seating areas and a nap in the cabana chair before choosing how to spend the day. Nai Thon Beach which is literally minutes so I finally decided to wrench myself away from the resort to see the actual beach and what a sweet sight it was. This is a snap shot from here you can see the resort on the hill.
These nifty little doorless cars make a lot of sense in this place!
It is quite warm here and the Pullman Phuket offers free shuttles to Nai Thon beach which is a little back water dotted with massage and food offerings, diving from a traditional long tail and lovely white sand and pale turquoise ocean. Seconds later I was stepping into the warmest ocean water I have every experienced swimming was divine and grabbed a meal from one of the local street traders.
These women are using a mortar and pestle more herbs and nuanced flavour than a lot of restaurants - just wonderful. Lovely accommodating people too ensuring we had the right drinks despite the language barrier. This food was purchased opposite the green money exchange store front on the beach where the shuttle car dropped me off - it was a lovely way to wait for the car to collect me.

Back to the Resort shower and refresh with some snacks and a Rose before dinner.
Then off to Vero the Italian Restaurant on the upper level for the first time.
Very cool romantic place with illuminated menus. The food was divine I has scallops with truffle oil and then buffalo mozzarella cheese, tomato and basil stack. My partner had the Gnocchi with mushrooms which was a whole other taste journey.
Gorgeous food and atmosphere polished off with a glass of Lemonchello and that was how my day drew to an end just sublime.

No comments: